Thursday, January 22, 2009

Ich spreche etwas deutsch.........

I am finally speaking deutsch............i am ecstatic!!!

Though i am just in the initial stages of it all, just making small conversations possible, trying to get the accent and diction right , twisting my tongue in all those wierd ways to just get the words right but its totally worth it!!!

My weekends have now become cluttered with two long deutsch classes,a pile of deutsch books,a few hasty trips to goethe institut(i still cant quite figure out which bus goes where in the city and eventually end up boarding a wrong one!!!!!!!) and the midnight oil i am burning to get my stuff right.

Wow, a lot of exclamation marks in those last few lines huh? But it's how I would say it. I like to keep my "voice" when I write.Seriously i have never been so excited about learning something new,hope that this one sticks!!

German has a word for everything, like "ohrwurm". Translated literally as "earworm" in English, it's the word for songs that get stuck in your head and won't go away.
maybe i will try and have an entire post in deutsch soon.....................till i feel i have learnt enough to brag about......:-)

Auf Wiedersehn!!!