Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Initial in the dust........

By some predetermined chance
petal by newer petal
inwards and outwards unfold my incandescent life in space;
When you look at a petal closely for the first time,
it grows transparent:you look through it into the abyss
the way a rose-leaf thins out to a bloodless parchment..........
Or a flame splits up an oil-wick into separate stamens of orange against night's purple.

Everywhere i may go yet,you
snake around my body;out and in......
Forked memory darting here and there
withdrawn into some hidden lipless kiss.........
I used as well to dance,before
your absence turned the days
into acres of ice and created deserts out of my long nights.

Each harsh tropical day
the shadow of incommunicable memory
slants across the canvas of the present hour:
All that is not you
is so full of you............

Nuance
of your initial glances off the moonscape;
wake me with the warmth of jubilant green dances,
exhilarating ,melting..........
Forgotten are those nights on your roof,
They have all pushed me forward and i have numbly moved on.

No comments: