Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Color

Color..............color in my veins,in my soul
The nights of inky darkness,...............the chill of blue winters,
the purple dawns,the orange dusks............ancient monuments streaked with red.
the earthy brown of the morning cup of coffee or the yellowed pages of my favorite book.
The half-forgotten dreams of midnight.............

White;..................white like the blinding mists,like the glass of milk i despise...........or the streaks in my mother's hair.
Or grey;the rainy skyline............like the stubborn pangs of guilt still surviving.

Spasms of color explode as i close my eyes and take deep breath.
The order in the chaos.....................a riot of colors.

A warm smile,yellow and bright.........
Tears;blue,grey...........glistening........
Darkness breathes,shadows stealthily creep in grey,blue and white.
Black;............like the void,the nothing,...............black like the all enveloping comforting blanket.

Colors...........fascinating!!

3 comments:

Soubhik Ghosh said...

A wonderful play with delecate and subtle associations...

Unknown said...

I love the play of colours.... I am partial to it.... more so because my blog is named colour....

Rajan said...

i think the last line would rather be a reaction to the poem.
scintillating //